Lushtums PostNatal Yoga Teacher Training Course - 80hrs
Nourishing, supporting and providing community to new mothers during the ups and downs of early motherhood
Post-natal Yoga Teacher Training
This all encompassing course teaches you everything you need to know to teach nourishing, active postnatal yoga classes for both mum and baby, and women's yoga classes suitable for postnatal women and those keen to strengthen their core - including:
- A huge range of practices to help mums recover their strength, regain their shape, relieve achy backs and shoulders and find their inner strength as a new mum
- Strengthen their pelvic floor and core stability, including how to improve separated tummy muscles and restorative exercises to practice at home
- You will help them feel calmer, re-energised and more balanced by sharing key mudras, breathing and restorative poses and yoga philosophy as well as more progressive, dynamic practices as your mums regain their fitness
- We also discuss PND and PTSD and other issues for new mums so you can competently and fully hold this space &
- You will learn how to engage with the babies through massage, song and including them in the yoga practices to help with attachment and bonding.
Classes are suitable from 6 weeks after a vaginal birth or 8 weeks following a caesarian birth, until babies are on the move. This is a great class to teach as your lovely ladies who came to the pregnancy yoga classes will want to continue with you and their new friends for postnatal yoga classes too - and you are really giving them a safe and supportive space during such a transitional time.
This course is fully accredited with FEDANT - the UK's leading body in antenatal and postnatal education - and taught by LushTums founder Clare Maddalena and expert Postnatal teachers Helen Moss and Claire Russell. You will be required to attend every day, complete written revision assignments and practice teaching demo classes. A final 1:1 assessment will also be arranged.
Upcoming Course Dates
Monday 8th - Friday 12th May (10am - 5pm daily) and Wednesday 21st - Friday 23rd June at 10 Victoria St.
Monday 10th - Friday 14th July and Monday 11th - Wednesday 13th September (11am - 6pm daily) at Stretch Studio, Columbia Rd, London.
"I loved this course! So fascinating to connect with new mothers and their experiences at this time. I feel confident now to hold a space for them and offer expert healing and rejuvenating practices to them."
Clair, LushTums Teacher, Brighton