Our Pregnancy Yoga classes are welcoming and friendly - everyone is welcome, including complete beginners and expert yoginis! Most people are brand new to yoga when they join us for pregnancy classes but quickly find they take to it really easily and feel great for coming along.
Classes help you prepare for brith and meet other mums-to-be! We always include Birth Breathing techniques to help you during labour; offer a range of physical movements and poses to help relieve common pregnancy ailments; offer practices to strengthen the body or increase flexibility; and ways to calm the mind; plus a fantastic guided relaxation with mediations at the end. It really is an all round and comprehensive approach, bringing the best in nourishing yoga together with the latest in scientific evidence.
We incorporate antenatal education in our classes and all classes are tailored to meet your needs, so every class will be a little bit different to suit you as pregnancy progresses. Classes are suitable from 15 weeks (if you are new to yoga, or you can begin earlier if you are familiar with yoga) to full term. Everyone is welcome!
JOIN US TO:
- Relax, reduces stress, anxiety or help with depression.
- Take time out for YOU to calm your mind and balances your emotions.
- Strengthen your body and stay fit during your pregnancy - being healthy helps you and your baby.
- Practicing yoga gives your immune system a boost and relieves many common pregnancy ailments, such as back ache, heart-burn, insomnia and SPD.
- Learn key coping strategies for birth including how to breathe and move and relax during labour and birth.
- Practice essential movements to help babies into optimal positions to help encourage smoother births.
- Connect with your babies and take time out to enjoy being pregnant!
- Share your experiences in a welcoming and supportive space and be heard, with all the ups and downs our journeys take us on.
- Meet other lovely mamas-to-be in your local area, build your network of support and friendship by connecting in with others in your community.
What makes LushTums classes special?
Our lovely, expert LushTums classes provide nurturing, active, safe and supportive classes, offering a space for women during a time of great change - whether that's through pregnancy, in preparing for birth or during life as a mother. We teach fantastic tried and tested yoga practices that are useful and easy 'life tools' that you can use 'off the mat' - these really help improve your physical, mental and emotional health. Giving you an opportunity to relax and calm the mind, enables you to 'fill up' and feel nourished and supported. This means everyone leaves class feeling reconnected to themselves, grounded and ready to cope with life's challenges and stresses with much more resilience, calm and perspective.
Because we really need this! As women, as pregnant ladies, as mothers, we need time out for ourselves. We need head space. We need to process the fact we are 'pregnant' or where ever we are at with 'life's challenges and stresses' and all that brings. We need to relax. We need to do this for our mental health and emotion balance. We need to connect with others. We need to feel part of a community. We all need more support, even if our lives are full and loving, an extra layer of support goes a long way - and latest research and evidence clearly shows us that this is not only important for us, as women, but by extension, this helps us better support our families, greatly benefitting our babies and children and that this positively influences our child rearing practices, leading directly to social improvements, happier future generations and a more peaceful society at large. The power to change the world and make it a better place rests in our hands, as parents to be and parents, so lets get together and make that positive change happen over the next generation.
- Our own upgraded version of Hypno-Birthing called Mindful Birth
- Preparing For Baby
- Baby Massage