The UK's leading experts in pregnancy yoga and birth preparation, postnatal yoga & classes for children and their grown ups!
Find a class near you
Brighton & Hove.
The Purple Turtle, dfksdjfkld, bn1 3ad.
Teachers: Clare Madalenna, Claire Edwards..
Our Pregnancy Yoga classes are welcoming and friendly - everyone is welcome, including complete beginners and expert yoginis! Most people are brand new to yoga when they join us for pregnancy classes but quickly find they take to it really easily and feel great for coming along.
Classes help you prepare for brith and meet other mums-to-be! We always include Birth Breathing techniques to help you during labour; offer a range of physical movements and poses to help relieve common pregnancy ailments; offer practices to strengthen the body or increase flexibility; and ways to calm the mind; plus a fantastic guided relaxation with mediations at the end. It really is an all round and comprehensive approach, bringing the best in nourishing yoga together with the latest in scientific evidence.
We incorporate antenatal education in our classes and all classes are tailored to meet your needs, so every class will be a little bit different to suit you as pregnancy progresses. Classes are suitable from 15 weeks (if you are new to yoga, or you can begin earlier if you are familiar with yoga) to full term. Everyone is welcome!
JOIN US TO:
- Relax, reduces stress, anxiety or help with depression.
- Take time out for YOU to calm your mind and balances your emotions.
- Strengthen your body and stay fit during your pregnancy - being healthy helps you and your baby.
- Practicing yoga gives your immune system a boost and relieves many common pregnancy ailments, such as back ache, heart-burn, insomnia and SPD.
- Learn key coping strategies for birth including how to breathe and move and relax during labour and birth.
- Practice essential movements to help babies into optimal positions to help encourage smoother births.
- Connect with your babies and take time out to enjoy being pregnant!
- Share your experiences in a welcoming and supportive space and be heard, with all the ups and downs our journeys take us on.
- Meet other lovely mamas-to-be in your local area, build your network of support and friendship by connecting in with others in your community.