Birth Preparation - complete Antenatal Education with LushTums
This all encompassing birth education programme is best to do from 26 weeks onwards. Based on the latest science and research, our complete antenatal education course has been running for over ten years and all our content is Yoga Alliance Professionals and FEDANT approved (the UK's awarding body for antenatal education in the UK).
Uniquely, this course combines the best in yoga and meditative practices perfect for helping during birth - so as well as learning all the facts about birth, you will also learn ways to breathe, move and relax to help you with about and birth. It perfectly complements what you learn in our pregnancy yoga classes or via hypno-birthing courses. Essentially, we cover EVERYTHING you need to know to prepare for birth! Including:
- How do I know labour has started?
- The stages of labour
- What is a contraction? Why is my body doing this? Yoga and mindfulness techniques to cope
- The role of hormones and the importance of the positive feedback loop
- Using the breath, yoga positions and mindfulness
- Clear explanations of possible medical interventions, and why these sometimes have a much needed place
- How to make decisions and give meaningful informed consent in the moment - and the importance of this
- Pain relief options, natural and medical
- Essential birth partner tips - what to do, when
- The early days with your newborn, what to expect
This course is designed to help both you and your birth partner understand what your body is doing when birthing, and how you can help the process along. It is fundamental to have a clear understanding of this so you can work with your body and be able to navigate any challenges that may come up along the way. It's also important for your birth partner to understand all of this to enable them to fully support, encourage and hold a safe, protective space for a birthing mother.
Book in for your Antenatal Education Course with LushTums and find out about our "How to: Breastfeeding" course, to learn key techniques now, while you are pregnant so when your baby comes, if you choose to breastfeed them, you'll know how to do it and what to expect.
Brighton 15th April, 10th June, 9th Sep, 14th Oct & 25th November
Manchester 30th &7th July, 18th August, 9th September and 13th October
Bristol 8th July & 23rd September
Tunbridge Wells & Heathfield 23rd June
Please visit our timetable, select your location and dates & reserve your space on any of Preparing for Birth courses
- Our very own upgraded version of Hypno-Birthing
- How to Breastfeed Courses
- Preparing For Baby Courses
- Baby Massage Courses
- Mother's Meet Ups!