Birth Preparation - complete Antenatal Education with LushTums
Our Preparing For Birth antenatal education course is a complete birth preparation course - which we have been running for over ten years. All our content is Yoga Alliance Professionals and FEDANT approved (the UK's awarding body for antenatal education in the UK).
Ideal for pregnant women and their birth partners looking for an all encompassing birth education programme - it has fully researched and created in conjunction with expert, experienced midwives.
Unlike other antenatal courses, this course also teaches you the best in yoga and meditative practices perfect for helping you during labour and birth. Learn key specific breathing techniques, positions and movements, and mindfulness and relaxation techniques - along with detailed scientific information about the actual processes of birth and local midwifery protocols and guidelines.
Essentially, we cover EVERYTHING you need to know to prepare for birth, including:
- How do I know labour has started?
- The stages of labour
- What is a contraction? Why is my body doing this? Yoga and mindfulness techniques to cope
- The role of hormones and the importance of the positive feedback loop
- Using the breath, yoga positions and mindfulness
- Clear explanations of possible medical interventions, and why these sometimes have a much needed place
- How to make decisions and give meaningful informed consent in the moment - and the importance of this
- Pain relief options, natural and medical
- Essential birth partner tips - what to do, when
- The early days with your newborn, what to expect
This course is designed to help both you and your birth partner understand what your body is doing when birthing, and how you can help the process along. It is fundamental to have a clear understanding of this so you can work with your body and be able to navigate any challenges that may come up along the way. It's also important for your birth partner to understand all of this to enable them to fully support, encourage and hold a safe, protective space for a birthing mother.
Book in for your Antenatal Education Course with LushTums and find out about our "How to: Breastfeeding" course, to learn key techniques now, while you are pregnant so when your baby comes, if you choose to breastfeed them, you'll know how to do it and what to expect.
- Our very own upgraded version of Hypno-Birthing
- How to Breastfeed Courses
- Preparing For Baby Courses
- Baby Massage Courses
- Mother's Meet Ups!